Ways to Help in Hurricane Sandy Relief Effort
The number of calls we have received over the past few days is a testament to the people of New Jersey and their desire to help in the Hurricane Sandy relief effort in any way possible. We have put together some information about how you can volunteer and help the cause.
Call 1-800-Jersey-7 or Dial 211 for information on where to volunteer. The back up numbers are 609-775-5236 and 908-303-0471 or you could send an email to email@example.com.
United Methodist Church in Manasquan: 732-223-5432 – Located at 23 Church Street Manasquan, NJ 08736
First Baptist Church in Manasquan: 732-223-4649 – Located at 47 South Street Manasquan, NJ 08736
First Presbyterian Church in Manasquan: 732-223-4627 – Located at 16 Virginia Avenue, Manasquan, NJ 08736: Volunteers are needed for pickup and distribution of clothing and food.
Saint William the Abbot Church in Howell - Volunteers needed for delivering donations homebound. (732) 840-3535 - Located at 2740 Lakewood Allenwood Rd
Sayreville- Heavy debris removal and other physical work please call (732) 525-5458 to sign up
Volunteer for clean up in Hoboken: nechama.org
And of course you can always contact your local Red Cross
Quick Chek will allow customers to add $1, $3, or $5 to their purchase at check-out. The campaign, to benefit Governor Chris Christie and First Lady Mary Pat Christie's Hurricane Sandy Relief Fund through Monday, November 19.
Drop Off Locations for Food, Clothing, and Supplies:
- Mays Landing – Re/Max Community, 700 Route 50 (corner of 7th & Route 50)
- Northfield – St. Gianna Berette Molla Church, 1421 New Road, Northfield
- Northfield -- Baptist Church, 1964 Zion Road
- Pleasantville – St. Apostolic Tabernacle, 923 W. Washington Ave.
- Galloway Township – Oceanville Fire House (RT. 9 & Leeds Point RD)
- Galloway Township -- Germania Fire House (Cologne Ave, Before Duerer St.)
- Galloway Township -- Pomona Fire House (White Horse Pike)
- Galloway Township -- Bayview Fire House (Rt. 9, By Absecon Border)
- Galloway Township -- South Egg Harbor Fire House (Rt. 50)
- Galloway Township -- Ladies Choice ob/gyn 314 Chris Gaupp Dr. Suite 101 Galloway, NJ 08205
- Somers Point – Safe Haven Cafe at New Covenant Church in Somers Point
- Browns Mill -- St. Ann's Church 22 Trenton Road Browns Mills, NJ
Cape May County:
- North Wildwood – Vol. Fire Co. 1, 15th St. and Central Ave.
- Sea Isle City – VFW 1963 off JFK Blvd. in Sea Isle City (at the base of the sea Isle Bridge)
- Pennsauken – Dr. Copper – 2250 Sherman Avenue, Pennsauken Township, NJ 08110
- Jersey City – Mayor's Action Bureau – City Hall, 280 Grove Street, Room 105, Jersey City, NJ 07302
- Donations for Hoboken: Call (201)420-2033 or visit rebuildhoboken.org
- West Windsor – West Windsor Community Farmers Market – Vaughn Drive off of Alexander Road, West Windsor, NJ 08550
- Sayreville - Warehouse A+L, 287 Cheesquake Rd - Requesting: Baby goods, diapers, Drop Off and Pick Up
- Freehold - Healthy Woman Ob/GYN and Pop Weight Loss - accepting Salvation Army donations. Also at their Colts Neck location.
- Hazlet - The Cullen Center, 1776 Union Avenue - requesting cooked food, rolls and cold cuts
- Howell – Dr. Copper – 1755 Route 9, Howell, NJ 07731
- Howell - Saint William the Abbot Church, 2740 Lakewood Allenwood Road - Requesting: Non-perishable food, baby items, cleaning supplies, water, toiletries, underwear, socks, small denomination grocery gift cards, monetary gifts, store gift cards
- Keansburg – Bolger Middle School – 100 Palmer Place, Keansburg, NJ 07734 – Requesting food, clothes
- Keansburg – St. Mark's Church – 29 Church Street, Keansburg, NJ 07734 – Requesting cleaning supplies, kitchen supplies
- Manasquan - donations accepted at http://www.fpcom.org/
- Neptune - Veolia Transportation - 830 Old Corlies Ave. Neptune, NJ - Accepting donations of clothes, canned goods, soap, tooth brushes, cleaning supplies, etc. from 4:30 a.m. to 11 p.m., Monday through Sunday
- Union Beach – Union Gardens Fire Company – 206 Saint James Ave. – Seeking new toys and gift cards to be dropped off. See Amazon wishlist here.
- Budd Lake – Callaremi Cadillac – 385 Rt. 46 E, Budd Lake, NJ 07828 – Collecting non-perishable food items, baked goods to deliver to Brick.
- Morristown - Firehouse, 161 Speedwell Avenue - requesting Non-perishable items, batteries, flashlights, canned food, can openers, linens, cleaning supplies, dog food, cat food, clothing (Sunday, November 11 from 9AM-4PM)
- Brick – Brick High School – Requesting new items
- Brick - Jersey Coast Bait & Tackle, 561 Mantoloking Road - collecting food, clothing and other supplies on Friday
- Forked River – Prudential Zack Shore Properties – 640A Lacey Road, Forked River, NJ 08731
- Lakewood - Calvary Lighthouse Church, 1133 County Line Road Bldg. A. requesting non-perishable food and clothing
- Little Egg Harbor - Lighthouse Alliance Family and Youth Center in Little Egg Harbor for clean up and rebuilding. (609) 296-9673 - Located at 455 Route 9
- Little Egg Harbor - Great Bay Plaza, Matthias Town Road - requesting food drop off and pick up
- Manahawkin – Prudential Zack Shore Properties – 675 Route 72 East, Suite 1006S, Manahawkin, NJ 08050
- Manahawkin - Morphotrak Fingerprinting Center, 775 East Bay Avenue - requesting Paper products, protein bars
- Manahawkin - St. Francis/Southern Ocean County Resource Center, 179 South Main Street, Manahawkin - requesting Non-perishable food, everyday essentials and clothing
- Manahawkin - 100 Bishop Lane - requesting Convenience items, cleaning items, bleach, mops, brooms, buckets, sponges, garbage bags, kerosine cans
- Toms River – Christ Episcopal Church – 415 Washington Street, Toms River, NJ 08753 – Requesting large containers to put supplies in.
- Toms River – Church of Grace and Peace – 1563 Old Freehold Road Toms River, NJ 08755 – Requesting food and water.
- Toms River - Elks lodge, 415 Washington Street - requesting cleaning supplies
- West Creek - Habitat for Humanity, 668 Route 9 - requesting Winter coats and furniture
If you want to add something call us at 1-800-283-1015 or Tweet your information to @NJ1015 – Include County, Address, Items Needed, and Hours Collecting.