Local Organization Offering Help to Those Suffering Emotionally After Sandy
Sometimes, after a natural disaster, it takes a long time to feel okay again. If you or someone you know is still struggling with any of the following since Superstorm Sandy, 180 Turning Lives Around, Inc. in Hazlet can help.
- Difficulty sleeping or nightmares
- Persistent thoughts about the storm
- Often feeling worried, anxious, or scared
- Withdrawing from family or friends
- Feeling overwhelmed or lost since the storm
- Difficulty focusing at work or school
- Struggling with a sense of loss after the storm
180's clinicians have experience with trauma and disaster, and are ready to help you recover and regain control of your life.
180's Amanda's Easel Program is also offering a healing arts program specifically designed for children and parents affected by Superstorm Sandy. Learn ways to reduce fear, stress and anxiety while gaining helpful coping skills. Services offered include: Art Therapy, Trauma Focused Counseling, Parent Support, Skills for Psychological Recovery and Case Management.
Call 732-264-4111 for more information or to schedule an appointment. Saturday and evening appointments are also available in our Hazlet and Neptune sites.